NM Group develop asset modelling and management programs that leverage geospatial data and deliver against business objectives by working with infrastructure asset owners to understand their business needs.
We work with our clients to determine where geospatial data combined with Computer Aided Design (CAD), Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) can create opportunities to improve asset efficiency, reliability, safety or utilization. This ranges from augmenting existing operational systems and workflows with new technology, to unlocking previously unidentified opportunities to increase revenue.
The asset models we produce can be output in a range of Computer Aided Design (CAD), Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) programs with file types and sizes that are appropriate for use in your existing IT systems. We also offer a dedicated information sharing tool that operates in any standard web browser, Caydence®, which provides access to geospatial datasets and asset models throughout the organization. These systems can then be used to deliver actionable information to management from which to take decisions. A flavor of the diversity and value of our asset modeling and management programs is provided as follows;
- Storm preparation and readiness for electrical networks.
- Increasing the safety of distribution lines by reducing the fire risk in high bushfire risk zones in Australia.
- Volumetric analysis for mining stock piles and open cast sites.
- Modeling railways lines and related assets to create asset libraries.
- Determining opportunities to increase electrical load transfer capacity on electrical transmission lines.
3D modeling for complex plant and substations
We have the capability to deliver detailed 3D asset modeling in various formats for a range of applications and project sizes within both the electricity substation and complex plant environment. Our models allow users to drill down from a view of the network to visualize individual components. Collected by terrestrial laser scanning, our models replicate true as-built site conditions and are suitable for a range of applications, including;
- Clash detection
- Retrofitting brownfield assets
- Document management in a 3D environment
- General visualization for training, safety reviews, etc.
- The generation of fresh as-built drawings. We have the capability to automatically compare as designed and as-built drawings.
- The production of fresh isometrics, plans and other site drawings.
For an overview of the services we provide please visit our Youtube channel for more information.