- 3D modelling for complex plant
We develop and deliver a fully intelligent 3D model for complex plant with an almost limitless range of outputs. Our laser scanner collects detailed information in 3D about assets, which is modeled and used for site management and the creation of as-built drawings. This allows assets to be tested in order to determine any threats to safety and reliability.
Functionality and applications:
- Old paper records are replaced by an as-built digital engineering model.
- Improved safety and reduce design mismatches for capital project delivery.
- Automated verification of as-designed plans against as-built conditions.
- The model can be linked to archived documentation.
- Health and safety cases can be put together with intuitive tools, such as buffering 3D blast radii.
- Coordinating efficient scaffolding in complex plant environments during shutdowns.
- Responding to schedule upsets and changed field conditions with more flexibility.
- Providing consistent as-built documentation for CAD/design specifications for plant layout.
- Updating documentation in Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs).
- Evaluating pipe runs for various regulatory compliance requirements.
- Providing exact measurements for demolition and removal of plant components in existing facilities.
- Compatible with multiple devices.
- Services for existing assets
We provide as-built surveys for pipeline maintenance and safety checks. This includes the generation of pipeline alignment sheets, vegetation risk maps and intelligent Pipeline Inspection Gauge (PIG) correction. We also provide safety analysis work through ground movement monitoring and geo-hazard analysis, the production of risks maps and leak detection.
- Services for new build assetsWe provide a flexible, quantitative and cost-effective methodology to support the earliest design phases for new pipelines. Route options are repeatedly narrowed down, ensuring optimal alignment and, ultimately, an accurate, reliable, and cost effective final design. Our technology has the ability to penetrate the vegetation, providing a Bare Earth DTM for alignment design, volumetric calculations and slope and drainage analysis.
Six major layers are required to numerically populate the area for the initial macro-corridor routing which are weighted according to the manager’s requirements. Once preferred routing options have been identified, the most appropriate horizontal alignment is defined in the micro routing stage. The favored micro routes are then surveyed and modeled using a LiDAR/CAD workflow to design the detailed horizontal and vertical alignment for a chosen route.
Please contact us for an exploratory discussion to discover how our services can fit into your existing systems and workflows to realize new levels of value from existing and new assets.